Saturday, November 21, 2009

Apparently I have become my father!

So I woke up this morning, pulled on some comfortable clothes and went down stairs for a cup of coffee. Suzette takes one look at me and starts laughing, she says "Oh my god, you have become your father" and ran for a camera. The worst part is at first I didn't even know what she was talking about, I actually thought I was dressed OK. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, my dad dressed rather unusually. It wasn't uncommon to see him wearing striped pants with a plaid shirt and when you questioned his unorthodox dressing habits he would proudly brag about how he bought his whole outfit for less then a dollar at Goodwill. Its sad to say apparently the apple does not fall far from the tree.
This is "The Hook" AAARRRRR. I went and checked it out when we were camping up north. I almost went out but it was pretty small on that day and I whimped out and sat on the cliff drinking my mocha coffee drink. There was one good set that came in while I was sitting there, with about 5 foot waves which made me feel like a fool for not getting in the water. Then the waves got really flat. But this place definately kicks when the swell is in. I really liked the surfers etiquette sign and had to take a picture of it.


3 comments:

  1. OK so you beat me to it. I had a good catchy title and everything. Now at least I don't have to feel guilty for dissing your style.

    Mine would have been "Like Father, Like Son". Yeah right after I got that picture of you in plaid and camoflage I got one of Luke in a long sleeved superman pajama shirt, pajama shorts, and sneakers. He had just come in from running around outside and was at the counter slurping up the apple juice he spilled next to his cup. I guess apple juice tastes better right off the counter. Boys are so funny sometimes.

    So the Lyons legacy continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's talk protocal. When we're first meeting our clients, I'm going to need you to stay inside the truck until after the contract is signed. Seriously, it's too cool that we're at that point in life that we can laugh at ourselves. Love you Bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, lets try this again. The last comment didn´t work. So, yes, you do have quite a resemblance to gramps in that photo. haha. The good thing though is that you have mom to let you know when your fashion isn´t quite up to par with what the rest of the world is wearing. hehehe. Women are good for that!

    Also, that break was AMAZING and you talking about a mocha really made me want one! Yum. Mochas and surfing. Miss them both and can´t wait to experience them once again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete