Saturday, September 5, 2009

The grass plugs are planted and my back hurts.

Here's the grass planting warrior working the soil and spreading potting soil on the surface. It's been so hot during the day that I put out halogen lights so I could work on it in the evening when it was only 80 degrees.
Once the soil was prepped Matt and Suzette really worked hard and made it all possible. We had 20 flats to plant with 72 plugs per flat, that's a whole bunch of plugs at 12 inches separation (for you people without a calculator handy, its 1440 plugs). We got an assembly line process going after a little practice. I measured and drilled the holes and watered them, Matt got the plugs out of the tray, dipped them in a root grow solution and dropped them on the holes and Suzette planted each plug.
And here is our finished product! I am so glad they are in the ground.

I fired up the sprinklers and everything is looking good. Of course my back is killing me. Lucky for me I have a cold corona with lime in the fridge calling my name. Waayyyne, Waayyne, please come drink me.
Gotta go, duty calls.


5 comments:

  1. Ha! Love the last line! We can´t wait to come over and have a cold Corona with you! Corona is ridiculously expensive here!!! It looks really good though and I can´t wait to see what it looks like when it is all grown in. Will it be filled in when we get back at the begining of Dec???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had better be, its supposed to fill in within a couple of months with warm weather and moderate watering. So we should have a nice lawn by the time you two get back in December. We will probably keep the makeshift fence up for a year to let the grass grow in nice and thick before we give the dogs access to the area. Both the pups love to dig and can do a lot of damage. Love you guys, Pops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I've seen bigger legs on a piano. Do us a favor and cover those sticks. Have you no shame? Love you Bro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Warren, I can always count on a smart allick response from my big brother. Yes, its true, you have always had the large muscular legs. They go well with your abnormally large mutant head. Make sure you keep that big melon of yours down while in Iraq. Love ya lots, Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry Bro, even if they hit my "big melon head" it's just filled with oatmeal. The flight surgeon tells me that there has been no real sign of brain activity, within my head, for quite a number of years.

    ReplyDelete