Tuesday, August 25, 2009

OOOH NOOO, its here early! Suzette ordered lots of very expensive, super grass that will supposedly need little water and loves high heat and clay soil. It was not supposed to be delivered here until Sept 12th, which would have given me a little time to properly prep the soil. I came home the other day and it had been delivered early ARRRRRGH. So now the push is on, gotta get it into the ground. Right now its taken over the garage and it's doing well but I need to get it into the ground pronto. Well, it will be nice to have it better established before winter gets here but I would still like to throttle those people at High Country Gardens.


My longboard is sick. I had some bad delamination on the deck. I was talking with a surfboard shaper and he told me how to fix it. I have pealed the fiberglass cloth off and will be filling with some stuff called Q-cell mixed with resin, then I will top it with new fiberglass cloth. Don't worry Anna, I will leave your surfboard alone Ha Ha. It's still hanging on the wall waiting for your return.


Look! the drip system is paying off and the plants are growing great, even in August. In years past they were lucky to survive the August heat



I thought I would take a picture of my latest project I have started on. Its a 1961 Ford Falcon Futura. I found a set of four lug rims with tires for $50 on Craigs'list for it so I dragged the car out from under a ton of trash where it was stored in the back of the barn. After I sell the forklift this will be the next thing to get fixed up and sold.

1 comment:

  1. First, the yard looks GREAT. Second, I really want to go surfing when I come home. Third, I´m pretty convinced that you should fix the car up and GIVE it to your own and only favorite daughter. I think that I would like it jet-black if you don´t mind. Oooh, or maybe a sparkly light blue. ;) Doesn´t that sounds soooooo cool. Yes, I think so! Love you tons and tons!

    ReplyDelete